ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Two year olds are for young people
View Single Post

twin2

relationships via technology
Old 01-09-2021, 07:04 AM

I hope this truly is relationship building. Sometimes I feel like I am simply just an extension of the phone for him. Before Covid, we got to go meet Jiro at seven months of age and again when they visited here when he was about 13 months. We were hoping for visits every year or minimum of two years. I must be realistic. Besides Covid, it isn't cheap to travel to Japan and it comes at a time that my husband and I must think about retirement. We also must think about our health. For them, traveling with 2 small children isn't easy and it isn't cheap either. Maybe that's why I worry so much about relationships with them. I want to know my grandchildren. I just don't know how well that is going to be. Then I try to be positive and remember the technology is a privilege that so many didn't have not all that long ago. When their kids moved away and started their lives elsewhere, people didn't get the privilege of knowing their grandchildren. At least I do get to talk to mine through technology. I don't have to wonder if they are okay or if they even care. I am blessed to see these grandsons of mine.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net