ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Anyone have a guess when Ca will move to a level below and we can reopen?
View Single Post

Gromit

Old 01-10-2021, 12:10 PM

Your post isn’t what what “upset” people. We’re already pissed off because your attitude is not unique to you.

And don’t make this into “oh, everybody has to do what’s right for them.” You do what’s right for your neighbor, your state, your country, your world. Especially because, if I recall correctly, you claim to be a Christian. It’s even more appalling that it’s evangelical Christians who are promoting the “do what’s right for you” line when that is the exact opposite of what Jesus said was the greatest commandment. You cannot love God if you do not love your neighbor.

And before anyone comes at me with “but businesses are hurting,” see above where I indirectly suggest we love our neighbors by finding ways to support businesses that don’t involve putting people in harm’s way. But that’s not what the “we have to support small business!” is really all about. If it were, if would be no big deal to give $20-100 or more here and there to businesses in danger of failing. People want to get something for their money, which means it’s really about them. Or it would be no big deal to pressure your elected representatives to have promoted and voted for a package that *actually helped.* Instead, it’s all compassion theater while literally billions go to big corporations.

Last edited by Gromit; 01-10-2021 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: remove politics
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net