ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - When is ĎMy bestí not good enough- dh vent
View Single Post

CricketSong

Old 01-14-2021, 03:15 PM

Itís difficult, but donít clean it up for him. He will eventually figure out there is glass everywhere and he will learn.

Itís a joke, but itís become a reality for many women that they have to do the lionís share because they are more ďable.Ē But we are more able because we have no one else to do it for us , and we had to learn. I canít decorate either, but I do know how to pick up glass . It takes no real talent to clean up after yourself.

Unfortunately, a messy house is always considered an inadequacy in women and a hilarious quirk in men. Glass everywhere will be blamed on you by anyone who walks through your house. But I no longer do it for my husband .Because no one ever did it for me once I was a preteen on up.

Even when I was working and my husband had retired , I was the cleaner and I found it massively unfair. Until one day I just stopped. I only took the lions share due to not being considered worthy of having my own time to relax, my own time to think, and my own time to fail. Itís truly a luxury , isnít it, when just ďtryingĒ is considered to be a glowing compliment to ones character and everyone excuses you for basically just doing the bare minimum. And that happens when you stop taking the lionís share and demand equal share. Iím sure you are nice, too. So just be super nice but donít do much. So I too just started ďtryingĒ and not caring anymore. I wonít be the slack lackey, I am a real person with interests and desires and I donít have time to make sure other adults know how to do basic things anymore.
CricketSong is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net