ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - House hunting
Thread: House hunting
View Single Post

cruxian

Old 01-17-2021, 12:46 PM

It's so frustrating and I 'm very sympathetic. Looking for a house was exhausting and emotional for me.
I think it's hard, too, when you're moving from an area where prices are relatively low to an area where prices are much more expensive. I think that's what's happening for you, isn't it? We were able to buy our house not too long after the housing crash a while ago so prices in general were low and it was a buyer's market. It still took....forever. Like it ended up happening a lot over the summer not by intention but it was like a full-time job. Our house had been on the market for a while and at some point they dropped the price so that it was at the top of my price range. I don't think they could have gone any lower for them with what they owed but it made it affordable for me. I love my house but I look at other places and I'm like jeez.....I could get a decent place paid off for the equity I have in my house OR I could get a SUPER nice house for this amount of money there
Would you be willing to get a townhouse/condo or is that not an option for Aikman?
Anyway, what everyone says is good advice. It's just going to take a while and hopefully something pops up that will work.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net