ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Leading a group on Zoom advice?
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 01-18-2021, 01:09 PM

Have you tried asking the attendees what, if anything they'd like to do differently?

I have a book club that now meets on zoom. We have quite a few people that have been MIA because they just don't like the format, which I understand. I think at some point you may just have to accept there is nothing you can do to make it better for some people. Now there is a core group of 4 of us who always go, and occasionally 1-2 others who pop in some months. For our current situation I think it's totally fine. I of course miss meeting in person, but I like that I still get to see and talk to everyone.

You may also try doing a survey where one of the questions asks if people would prefer to wait until the weather warms up so you can meet in person. Then you can gauge how interested people really are in the zoom thing. It may be that they love being there and it's just hard to tell on zoom! Around here, you'd get some more decent weather by March so it wouldn't be long to wait if you did decide to hold of for in person.

Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net