ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Another DM / RW question!
View Single Post

txteacher51

Another DM / RW question!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am trying really hard to get this going with zero support from my school. No one in my school does a real reader's workshop so I have no one to go to for help/advice. This is only my 2nd year to teach, but I completely and totally believe in it and feel that it is absolutely the way to go. My brain is totally fried right now, though, and I just feel like I'm walking in circles!

I am planning to purchase DM's book tomorrow. I really can not spend a ton of money on books as I have spent so much on my classroom this summer. Is this THE book? Is it going to give me everything I need to know to get organized? What I am hoping for is more "This is how you do it...." instead of this is why you do it. (I'm already sold!!!) I can write lesson plans, but I would love a general outline of units. Is this provided in the book? I am planning to use a few of Beth Newmingham's ideas, too. Mostly her printable forms for the actual work book, but it would be nice if there was some of that, too...?

Thank you for reading this long post. I really am feeling stressed and overwhelmed at the moment!

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net