ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Know It Alls and Got to be More Rights
View Single Post
Eln

Eln

Know It Alls and Got to be More Rights
Old 08-27-2019, 08:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Work with someone who for example if you shared that a project everyone on the team is doing - is mostly red color. and you say, "This red craft can be completed in about 5 minutes." This person will turn everything you say into an argument by saying, "Nope, it's not red, it's green!" Or "Nope, you are wrong. It doesn't take 5 minutes, it takes 6 minutes!"

Usually it's about trivial content that makes others do a double look, devalues others opinions or thoughts, is disrespectful, lacks of social skills, and just makes others want to avoid speaking or saying anything within her hearing range.

Today during lunch, someone asked me if I had ever read a book where the movie was better. I read a lot. I answered, "Not very often, but I read a Stephen King's book years ago called "Shawshank Redemption" and as someone who loves his books, I remember disliking this book. It was hard to stay focused and interested. But I just loved the movie."

Yeap! This annoying person was in the room.

I got to hear, "Nope! No. No. No. Books are always better than the movie. Books give us character description and character motives."

On and on she went and she ended her "vomit" with, "The only movie that came close to being as good as the book was "The Help." "

Grrrr!

Couldn't she have just said that she had not ran into a book where the movie was better. And share that the only movie that came close was "The Help." No, she had to tell me I was wrong, wrong, wrong. No. No. No.

I know I tensed up. I took a deep breath, got up and excused myself (thank goodness I was done eating) and I walked as quickly as I could from the teacher's lounge.

It must be heck to live with her.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net