ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - I'm being talked at
View Single Post

Gromit

Old 08-28-2019, 02:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Quote:
I don’t necessarily mind being talked at, especially when the presenter is good and knows her stuff like this one did, but I hate being forced to sit for 3 hours without a break.
And I hate being forced to take a break. I loved the Sisters model of 7 hours of training and you're responsible for taking your own breaks except for a 30 minute lunch (which I still thought was too long - I preferred the working lunch of a Units of Study workshop that I went to). They put speakers in the restrooms and positioned the snack tables so that there was space to stand up and get a snack while still listening. It was perfect. People can take a break when/if they need it and no instructional time is wasted on milling around for 5, 10, or 15 minutes.

Quote:
she's talked at us for the last hour and apparently her plan is to continue talking to us for the next 2 hours.
If she has 3 hours of material, giving a 10 minute break every hour adds another 20 minutes to the session. I'd rather go home. Three hours really isn't that long for adults, imo.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net