ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - I'm being talked at
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 08-28-2019, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

We've had tons more PD lately due to a new literacy initiative. The lady drives me crazy. On the one hand, yes I am someone who resents doing children's activities. Don't make me do an icebreaker or act something silly out or build a stem bridge (yes, all things we've done before). BUT, I don't want to sit there for 7 hours and just listen to you drone on either. Especially when the content is 100% something I already know.

IMO the best PD is where information is presented in small chunks with time built in to talk to teammates about how you'll use said information and/or actually plan something with said information. Not "go find a new friend and do some silly sharing activity," but actually having time to talk with the people you'll actually be working with on whatever the "new" thing is.

The kicker for the recent thing that I've been doing is that they split it up by grade level, but they made sped attend every grade level's session. It was literally the exact same power point. I've now seen it three times. Now there is a special day just for sped and intervention next week. I told my teammate that if it's a 4th time with the same power point, it might be worth getting fired to just get up and walk out .
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net