ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - IEP question
Thread: IEP question
View Single Post

GoodEnough85

Well,
Old 09-04-2019, 03:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

this is tricky. ALL schools do things differently.

First, it would never fly at any of my present or past schools. I've always been told serve from day one to the last day. We would try our hardest to meet that standard. Even if we leave them in the GenEd room most of the day for classroom procedures and BTS/meet the class activities, we are expected to pull them at some point and do that for our rooms too. It may take a day or two to solidify the schedule but we tweak it as we go. It will never be perfect in the lower grades.

There is some testing that has to occur that does require that no others be present. Not a lot. Some. Evaluation testing--Woodcock-Johnson or Weschler IQ testing--like that--require privacy.

Some of the placement tests though can happen with other kids in the room. It depends on the school though.

In my present district, I would need to try to schedule those things in my plan time and/or ask another SpEd teacher to cover my scheduled classes/students. Then, in return, I would probably need to cover her kids so that she could do the same. I would not be allowed to just not serve them.

But it really does depend on your district.
GoodEnough85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net