ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - My nightmare
Thread: My nightmare
View Single Post

MrsPhysics

Iím so sorry
Old 09-07-2019, 07:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Omg this situation sounds horrible and Iím so sorry youíre going through this. I had something similar happen where I was liking my job and loving teaching in general, and then the school moved me and I hated it. I am in my second year of this situation, and this year it seems a little better.

I wish that schools realized how much stress they put on teachers when they do this. First, you lose your teacher support system. I personally still do not feel like I have really bonded with my new coworkers. You also are typically teaching something totally new (so tons of planning to do) and trying to get to know a new school system. It is so hard!!!

My new students are way more difficult than my old ones too, and it pains me to say that I just do not enjoy teaching these groups. Of course there are great ones mixed in, and as others have said it helps to focus on them.

I know it is so much easier said than done, but the more you focus on the positives the better off you will be. If you can, try to find some humor in the situation. Treat it like a puzzle (how to handle this group) and celebrate every little bit of progress that you make. If you have a bad day, do not take it personally. Iím sure you are a wonderful teacher, and these kids need you!
MrsPhysics is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net