ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Has anyone done remote and in person at the same time in a sped setting?
View Single Post

Lottalove

I sorta had to do it...
Old 09-11-2021, 10:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I had a maternity leave student who was due to return 2nd semester after the Break. She applied for extended Homebound and was denied. They decided that she should do Virtual Learning instead. I would pull her up on Zoom with a ChromeBook muted and then put it only facing me. Once I got to her "station," I would unmute. She could hear some other voices occasionally but not too much. Of course, if she recognized voices and told others on her end, I feel it wouldn't be any different than talking about her classmates at the dinner table... The others didn't purposely get shown or recorded.

But, we didn't have to do 50%--our minutes where greatly reduced as well as the number of goals covered. I could have her on the Zoom for as few as 30-50 ish minutes a day and cover 2-3 mini-lessons that went with her non Zoom learning. Non Zoom learning included books/papers dropped off, a checklist of tasks or activities to complete, stuff assigned through Google classroom, or independent online learning like Read works, Prodigy, Moby Max, etc.

Quote:
We're not allowed to reference an IEP on the front page of a report card "in case someone else were to see it and then they'd know that student has an IEP."
In Missouri, we are not supposed to indicate Special Services on the grade card or cumulative record at all. Now, in our small school, it can be easy to figure out if a MS/HS has the same teacher for multiple, unrelated classes, (like English and Math, or has "odd" class titles like Functional Skills, Social Skills, etc., but still... We do not have a separate Certificate/Diploma either. My students who finish either by credits earned or goals met, have the same diploma as everyone else. Here, the SpEd files (IEPS/evals) are not filed anywhere near the cum files.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net