ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Title 1 not even Title 1
View Single Post

teachreading3

Title 1 not even Title 1
Old 01-18-2018, 10:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi there,
I want to know how other interventionists feel about my current situation. Title 1 at my school is not set up as additional support for students as it should be. We are running Title 1 in a completely illegal way where I am 6th grade student's ELA teacher. So that means I am in charge of teaching them the curriculum in addition to magically filling the gaps they have. I just find it ridiculous and completely frustrating that they can't find a better alternative. We have tried pull out but at the middle school level there really isn't a great time for that as there is no guided reading time or anything of the sort when I could pull. They ended up falling behind in their classes because of this so I didn't blame the teachers for complaining. No one cares to find a way to provide Title 1 services IN ADDITION to their ELA which is what they need. I absolutely hate my job because of this (and other reasons) because it's just doing a disservice to these students who really need extra support.

teachreading3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net