ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do your subs follow lesson plans?
View Single Post

Gigi814

Old 04-15-2019, 01:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Back when I was a sub, I always followed exactly what the plans said. I never would have gone off and done whatever I wanted. During my first two years of teaching, my aide would sub for me. She did everything I asked and always wrote a note letting me know how the day went. Once I left that school, I taught at a school that used its floating aide as the one and only sub. She was taking night classes to complete her teacher certification and thought she was hot stuff. I had spent all weekend writing my lesson plans and left everything out in order on my desk. She refused to even read my sub plans. I was extremely irritated when I came back to see students had drawn a picture to go with their writing when I specifically said NO DRAWING yet. She had them complete way more workbook pages than I listed in the plans. She also refused to pull guided reading groups and did the entire reading lesson as whole group. When my aide tried to tell her how I did things, she would not listen and insisted on doing everything her way.
Gigi814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net