ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do your subs follow lesson plans?
View Single Post

Singvogel

detailed plans, too
Old 04-16-2019, 07:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

As with OPs, I write detailed plans, put everything in a chronological stack, and leave paper rewards that I enter into Classcraft when I return.

It irritates me when subs expect students to go on "autopilot," just handing them assignments and not interacting with them. I'm fine with them not finishing- just leave me a note.

I had a sub who didn't use the rewards, and instead, put a list of names up in public and told students to straighten up to get their names off "the list." It was clear the students weren't happy when they tried to say that one of the songs on the playlist (Yes, sub played pop music during work) had the N-word in it. Thankfully, my students had really heard my message about there being more than one way to get things done, and they just went with the flow as instructed. They also realized that they do work better in quiet.

I get that a sub's job can be difficult, especially with classroom management these days. However, don't you think one would use the tools the CT left for that?

At our site, the best subs we have a retired teachers from our school. They are a hot commodity, especially the recent retirees who still know the kids.
Singvogel is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net