ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do your subs follow lesson plans?
View Single Post

seenthelight

Old 04-17-2019, 03:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

Given the amount of time I spend on my plans, I expect them followed or I wonít call the sub again. Thereís only two exceptions, something happened (fire drill, schedule change, unexpected assembly, etc.) or itís MY sub. MY sub is amazing and taught for many years. I completely trust her to do it her way.

Otherwise, please just do what I asked, and please also note the fact that I specifically put on there that you probably wonít finish. I subbed before I taught. I make sure to make everything very detailed and to leave more than enough work so that the sub never finds herself with kids that donít have anything to do, you know what they say about idle hands. My goal is to make the subís day run as smoothly as possible and to try to lose as little instructional time as possible in the process. So subs that insist on doing it there way irk me. I once had a sub that decided that the kids should color all day long and then complained that they were too loud. Of course they were, the coloring occupies them for 30 minutes tops after that they were bored and getting into mischief.

On another note, Iím finding Google Classroom to be very helpful. If I leave the assignments on there I can randomly check in with the kids. A couple of well timed feedback comments give them the sense that the cat isnít truly away and keeps them accountable and productive.
seenthelight is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net