ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Cards: Christmas for service group
View Single Post

KeyKid

Cards: Christmas for service group
Old 11-17-2019, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was asked by a former co-worker, who is now the president of our local Kiwanis group, if I would do a 2-card workshop at their lunchtime meeting so that they could send Christmas cards to deployed service personnel. I said yes, thinking that I was going to work with a subset of the group. When I realized the group also includes older men, and both cards needed to be created within about 30 minutes, I did a LOT of the pre-making of these cards. I was told to made 20 kits for each card.

To make the cards easier for assembly, I did ALL the stamping at home. People were divided among 4 tables with some starting and stopping at different times. For ALL die cuts, I first put THIS double-sided tape on the back of cardstock before I did the die cuts. That made all of the die cuts stickers so that I didn't have to have liquid adhesive available. Thank you, Jennifer McGuire!

Here's the first. My inspiration came from HERE.

There is a scrapbooking/papercrafting store in the next town that is jam packed full of stuff. I went there looking for a buffalo plaid paper. She had some that was a larger scale in the manly/outdoors section. I continued looking and found this scale in her Christmas supply. It is by Photoplay Paper. I bought the Stitched Alpine Snowflake dies directly from Poppystamps a couple of months ago. I think they were on clearance because they are no longer on their website. I stamped Merry Christmas from a discontinued Stampin' Up Christmas Greetings wood mount set. The banner die is from MFT Blueprints 27 die set. This card was on a white base, black layer cut the same size as the card base, smaller white panel, smaller plaid panel. Inside sentiment: May Christmas and the New Year bring you every happiness, is from Stampendous Christmas Wishes stamp set. To keep anyone from setting up the front of the card upside down and on the back of the card base, I stamped the large holly sprig from Christmas Wishes on the bottom of the back. (Ask me if I've ever done this!) We finished off the front snowflake with a "pearl rhinestone" sticker from Hobby Lobby.

Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

Last edited by KeyKid; 11-17-2019 at 04:41 PM..
KeyKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net