ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - School fired me for BS reasons
View Single Post

BookSlinger

Old 12-03-2015, 11:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Nope, I have absolutely nothing even resembling classroom or teaching experience. Even my experience being around kids is almost nonexistent because I usually go out of my way to avoid them (and if you're wondering, I took a job at a school because I needed a job).

I think I even said during the interview that I had no prior experience working with/around children, so I was shocked when they hired me. And yeah, I assumed I'd be assisting the librarian with the time-consuming things like shelving materials, checking books in/out, etc. In essence, I was a substitute librarian on an assistant's salary. I also did at one point reach out for training on how to deal with the students within the district, and I was promised training, but the person who was supposed to help me never did. I didn't know I was supposed to be in charge of anybody until I got yelled at for not properly disciplining students.

I don't know if there's a 90-day work clause in my contract because I was never given a copy of it. I have no idea what my rights as an employee even are. My state is also an at-will state and I know they can fire me for no reason at all. I guess I was hoping to try and find a way to stick it to them for treating me like crap.
BookSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net