ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - New Title I teacher here!
View Single Post

Eclectus3

Thank you!
Old 09-26-2016, 06:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you all for your replies! Right now, my schedule was set by the principal to work with each class (two 5th grades, one 6th grade, two 7th grades) during their reading and math times. Would it be better to work with these kids during other classes? The fifth and sixth grades have Math, Science, Language, Soc. Studies, RTI, P.E., Reading, and Study Period - all with the same teacher other than P.E. 7th grades have the same, however they rotate to different teachers for each subject.

For AimsWeb - we are using the R-CBM and MAZE. I have already given every student in the school these assessments.

I have talked with a few classroom teachers and made sure they knew that I didn't want to interrupt or interfere with the actual reading/math lesson, however after they finish the lesson, I would like to support those kids. The 5th grade teachers are using Treasures for reading. No guided reading or lit. groups, no novels, etc. 6th graders are using strictly the Scope magazine for reading. No guided reading or lit. groups, no novels, etc. 7th - I haven't had the opportunity to discuss as much with them yet. I know the teacher has ordered some classroom novel sets.

I'm so anxious to work with kids...yet it just isn't happening yet. There are a lot of newer teachers - and new to the district teachers here.

I appreciate anything you have to offer!!

E

Eclectus3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net