ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - New Title I teacher here!
View Single Post

cabernet

Old 09-27-2016, 12:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Electus3
Welcome to the Title I board!
Has the schedule your principal given you balanced the time with all of the classes you are working with so that you can see your students every day? What I mean is does each class have a different reading time? If so, that schedule would work as long as you can pull them the last part of the reading class.
In the school I worked with, everyone had reading at the same time. That is when you would have to work with each group at a time other than reading.
Have you identified which students? Try to keep your groups to no more than 3-4 so yo you can help them best.

I found this online link for fifth grade
http://treasures.macmillanmh.com/national/teachers
The section entitled, Building Reading and Writing Skills has additional lessons that go along withe series that would be helpful for you. There are also leveled stories that you can access to print if your district has purchased that. I would check for sure. If not, the Great Books to Share has books listed that go along with each unit. Perhaps the library in school or town would have copies to use.

Can you tell more about how the sixth grade just use Scope? Do they just read it or use it as a starting point?

Does the seventh grade have a curriculum they follow that you can use as a guideline?

Often the beginning of the year is delayed for Title I because there is a lot of work with identification and scheduling.
You'll get there!!
cabernet is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net