ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Cards: Christmas for service group
View Single Post

KeyKid

Card #2
Old 11-17-2019, 04:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My inspiration came from HERE. The blog seems to be removed but you can still see the image. A friend, who helped with the session that day, gave me a quart-sized bag full of vintage Christmas carol booklets a couple of years ago. They looked to be provided for advertising for an insurance company. They would be perfect for this card.

I cut the music into 3x3" squares and then trimmed them to be 3/4" wide. At first, I was going to have participants cut the fishtail into the bottom end, but, when I realized the time crunch and all, I cut the fishtails also. Because I'm also a little (maybe a lot) OCD, I wrote on the back of the music strips at the top, numbers 1 2 3 4 so that the carol and music would be in order. We used Elmer's Extra Strength glue sticks to apply to just the top inch or so of the music strips. Again, I did ALL stamping at home. Front sentiment is from Verve Stamps (no longer in business) Beyond Measure stamp set. Inside sentiment, Wishing you a Christmas season full of peace, goodwill, and joy! is from Divinity Designs (aka Our Daily Bread Designs) Christmas Mini Set. I stamped a snowflake on the back.

Back to the front! The card base was Kraft cardstock. The front panel is a speckled off-white I get at a little independent paper shop. I had the bakers twine cut to length in the kits and said at least 4 times to complete the front panel, including the twine, before you stick the panel to the card front. (One guy tied the twine around the entire card because he put the panel on first.) I applied the double-stick tape to the back of navy paper with white speckles (same paper shop) and sized the star and cut a bunch with my Silhouette. The star punches that I had were either too small or too large. I liked having the star die cut over the 2 flat rings of twine but under the bow.

I had sample cards at each table. It was interesting to see all the variations of cards that came from the kit! Members were able to complete the cards and add their own written message inside.
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
KeyKid is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net