ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Instructional Context Form Comp 4
View Single Post

WhyHello

Old 12-27-2019, 08:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I got a 4.0 on C4, and know for sure it was because I completely separated each part. My SN was with one group of students and working with one group of fellow teachers. My PLN was with another group of students working with another group of teachers. And my formative/summative assessment data was with yet another group of students and teachers. I tried keeping them tied together for a couple of months because I thought it would be easier, but all it did was make it harder for me.

It's completely dependent on you, though. Your needs, your students' needs, and your fellow teachers' needs for growth.

IMO, it's a ridiculously stupid component. Feels like 3 components all shoved together as a catch-all, and even though I don't think the people who created it were trying to obfuscate anything, every rational adult I've show it to ends up rolling their eyes, and I'm talking about lawyers and doctors who have much more rigorous standards they need to meet to become professionally credentialed. Crazies on here will try saying NBPTS is the same, but it's not; it's a huge money grab for a few CEO types who figured out a way to monetize public education....really not a lot different from the small handful of people who make millions off of selling state assessments like the new fad that caught on nationally, common core. common core is dying, but some other vampire org will take their place soon enough.
WhyHello is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net