ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - PT ads that match a discussed topic, haha
View Single Post

timeforbed

Old 06-25-2020, 02:15 PM

I was telling my son about the creepy TikTok ad that mentioned panic attacks. He thought it might be that there is an open Alexa mike in the house if you have an app for Alexa or she mentioned it on fb to a friend. He also said he could care less since he's a full grown adult, but that if he had a young child in the home, he'd google how to delete or control the devices.

I googled about Alexa listening in and found this quote from Amazon. To me, this is just lawyerish talk about why Amazon listens in with the Alexa Echo thingy.

Quote:
For its part, Amazon says it keeps our voice recordings "to learn your voice and how you speak to improve the accuracy of the results provided to you and to improve our services."
By the way, he had panic attacks starting in his late teens and we've also had several cousins with that problem. They can be debilitating. I'm sorry she's having to deal with, but very glad you two have found out early and she can recognize what is happening. Many people think this is a mental problem when it really is a physical condition with side effects that mess with the mind--increased heart rate, shallow breathing, etc that lead one to think they are dying. But you probably know all this. Just wanted to commiserate.

Last edited by timeforbed; 06-25-2020 at 05:27 PM..
timeforbed is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net