ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Post-it Notes
Thread: Post-it Notes
View Single Post

iteachk2010

Old 07-11-2020, 04:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Maybe you could have your students jot down stuff on post-its to create group K-W-L charts when you are starting new topics. I did it when I taught first grade.

Students had 3 post-its. On the first one they wrote one thing they already knew about the topic. On the second one they wrote a question for what they wanted to find out about the topic. They stuck them on a chart paper I had prepared with three columns for the chart. We reviewed together and stacked similar ones on top of each other.

After reading/watching a video about the topic, they wrote one thing they learned on the third post-it. We would go back and look through the post-its in each section. If we discovered that a statement in the first section was not true, I drew a line through it. If we found the answer to a question in the middle section, I put a check mark next to it. (Matched the post-it with the answer to the post-it with the question.) Students could use additional post-its to add more questions. This helped to guide the direction we headed in when we were researching.
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net