ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Is anyone familiar with NILD?
View Single Post

spedchic

Thoughts on: Starting a basic SpEd prgm.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I looked at the NILD website because I was surprised I had never heard of it. I completed my Master of Art in Teaching in the area of Special Education last year. I was working with my professors as a grant assistant while I completed my degree and thought I had heard of every program out there. I think I understand now, why I have not heard of NILD.

Briefly, it seems like a program that is specifically tailored to a certain category of students. I think that this program, (as stated in the "About us" section,) is focused towards students with Learning Disabilities. This may be the population of students whom your school is attempting to provide services for, but in my experience in public schools, there are many students that have more than one issue and need.

If you want information on getting a thorough background in special education, you may want to attend some conferences or look into the Council for Exceptional Children, or the National Association of Special Educators for some feedback before choosing such a specifically focused program.
spedchic is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net