ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Teachers, maybe you aren't ready to host student teachers
View Single Post

anna

Old 12-16-2018, 08:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

If I understand you correctly O.P. your complaint has to do with the teacher you were placed with. You did not do one assigned task from your college because you ran out of time and did not want to inconvenience the CT. While this sounds thoughtful,it also sounds like excuse making.

Now I do think the CT is partly to blame as well. When I get a ST we plan all of his/her assignments and I do make sure the message to the ST is tell me everything you need to get done . I am flexible and want to make sure you get it done.
It was unfair of the CT to complain about you to someone else . The CT should have brought any concerns to you first and allowed you time to improve. I depise teachers who behave like that. It's what I call a "Gotcha" move.

You wrote " (I'm still combing through my -entire- memory trying to find a moment where I did listen to her suggestions)." Is that a typo on your part? I am thinking and hoping it is. Best of luck on your next assignment. No matter the profession, there are those already in it that are unnecessarily negative and some of them want you to screw up. Sad but true. It is tough to be an adult in the professional world.
anna is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net