ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - A moving question
View Single Post

wildflowerz

Old 05-24-2019, 10:21 AM

We are considering a similar move.

We have a small townhouse with 3 bed, 2.5 bath, basement, and garage. We have someone cut our grass.

We are considering going to a 2 story condo with 2 bed, 1.5 bath but no basement or garage. There is a neighborhood that I am watching for the right place to become available. A friend lived there and I always liked spending time at her place. I love the pool there. It is within walking distance to the train and on the line there are two very walkable towns and a city. I think we would enjoy the carefree lifestyle. We could use the same drs and grocery stores as we do now. We could sell our current place, pay cash for the next one and have no mortgage.

There is only one problem, me. I like my current neighborhood. My neighbors are nice and have been an awesome support system. I tell myself that there are nice people everywhere.

I just retired so it really is too soon for another life decision. My plan is to clean, declutter, do repairs, paint, and be ready to move. In a year Iíll either be ready to move or have a more organized home. Win/win.

Major life decisions are so hard to make but it sounds like you and your dh might be ready to make a move. Have you made a pro/con list?

wildflowerz is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net