ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - tech in your classroom?
View Single Post

anya53

tech in your classroom?
Old 09-07-2016, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi All,
I would love it if you shared some really cool classroom tech tools. I hope this is interesting and helpful to you, so here are the ones I use:

MATH: I mostly use IXL and REFLEX:
IXL: I use it for my 6th graders but I think itís good for all grade leavels to mid or high school. It allows kids to practice a skill until he/she shows proficiency. Then there are cool little rewards (like video games) they play for completing a level.

REFLEX to build math fluency and I use it more for kids who come to 6th grade without math fluency. I hear that the lower grade level kids love it.

SCIENCE:
Gizmos: I am just starting to use it this year for science and it looks good. I did a math trial on it last year but was not that impressed. Iíd love to hear back from you about how you use it.

GENERAL:
Kahoot: itís a cool assessment. There are a plethora of assessments and itís very simple to create your own. Itís in a game format and the kids love it. The only down side is that , students want to be the first to answer, which skews the assessment. After each question, there is a screen that shows the top five correct and fastest answers. But itís a great way for a quick assessment and I tell kids that the fastest answers may appear on the screen but I only score for correct answers.

Planbook.com: I have all my lesson plans there, which I can share with my colleagues. There is a special password for my students, so they can see when I post homeowork and assignment expectations/rubrics.

I would love to see your favorites and recommendations. Thanks so much for taking the time!!

anya53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net