ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Need help with math classes
View Single Post

Califteacher

Quick rapid drills
Old 04-11-2017, 02:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Each day I embed into the daily lesson 20 (2 sets of 10) flash cards on ppt slides addressing previous past, present or future learning outcomes. At the start of each lesson and at the end these rapid ( I control the tempo) flash cards with a short answer response are self graded with answers to follow after the 10 are answered. This simple "checking for understanding" challenges all. The only requirement is that all problems must be answered for a full credit grade whether or not they are correct. Each student is driven to improve each day through self motivation. Administrators, teachers visiting, and parents are amazed at the total class participation as in unison entire class heads bob up and down as each problem is solved. I have created flash cards for every common core standard grades K-9 and can pick and choose which cards to infuse into my lessons thus challenging past, present or future learning outcomes addressing any grade or standard. It has been one of my many tools to engage students. Hope this sparks further creative ideas for you.
Califteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net