ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Need help with math classes
View Single Post

Califteacher

More clarification
Old 05-09-2017, 03:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Sorry for the late reply. There is no need to differentiate. The idea to this strategy is constant review and repetition twice in each class lesson. I focus on previous learned or future acquisitions for the class lesson and leave present content for direct/guided and independent practice. A note on why this is so powerful. This strategy is self graded. Students receive an "A" for completing all 10 whether wrong or right. One of the established norms in my classroom at the start of the year is every problem must be tried to the best of their ability. Students receive better marks when all are completed in warmups/bell ringers, flash cards and independent practice/homework, and closure activities. Student that do not complete all of the assigned work fail, "FAIL"...even if they do 90% of the work with all correct answers. I am fostering and encouraging the process not the results. I remind the students the journey will be long and difficult at times but without taking a step at a time we all cannot reach our destination. I do not want to knock them down while they are balancing on one foot in the step progression to learning challenging material. I have had tremendous participation and success on year end tests because of the positive process. Again this is one of many very powerful techniques used in my lesson as like you also embed into your lesson. If you are interested with more I will check this site hopefully quicker.
Califteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net