Thread: Homework
View Single Post

bnm0329

Homework
Old 01-02-2018, 09:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi,

Happy New Year!!

During our Winter Break, it has given me time to reflect on how I can be a better teacher to my 5th graders so they can be MORE successful as they are entering Middle school.

I have a very chatty group and some of my students are just flat out disrespectful. In addition, they lacking in completing ALL of their assigned homework and there is always an excuse or NONE at all for that matter. Their homework is as follows:

TECHNOLOGY - School Wide requirement
1. Reading Plus - 10 lessons per week
2. Lexia - 80 minutes or less weekly (depending on the student's level)
3. Imagine Math with Journaling - 10 lessons per week

4. Pearson Lesson (Math) & Math Spiraling Review
5. Language Arts Spiraling Review

It does seem like a lot; however, most of the time, the students are able to complete their technology homework during Centers. So basically, they only have #4 and 5 to complete outside of school.

I need and want advice on how I can hold them MORE accountable for not completing their assignments and be MORE responsible; I will say as well that there is minimal support from the parents either.

I worry about their success because their non-completion of their Math homework, for example, effects their quizzes and assessments. I have requested conferences from parents with little or no response.

I am at my wits end and need to start off the New Year in a positive mindset and pass that along to them so they can change their habits.

So again, I would appreciate it very much for any advice you may have to offer.

Thank you very much and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

bnm0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net