ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Homework
Thread: Homework
View Single Post

JulieP

What I realized
Old 02-23-2018, 08:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

So, I do Monthly Genre Projects, and do quite a bit of online assignments. We were having the same problem. Then, we realized that many of our kids have never been taught HOW to budget their time. So now, each teacher writes out budgets for each week. I even created a google doc and sent to parents to help with weekly budgeting.

Example: The Math teacher required student to have 90 minutes on Khan Academy Each week. This time included assignments and their quest. On her board she put Saturday/Sunday- 2 assignments, 30 minutes; Monday- 3 assignments, 45 minutes, Tuesday- 4 assignments, 60 minutes; and so on.

For me, we spent a class period dividing our book into 2 parts then set a date to be done with each part. Then we divided those number of pages by the days to see the minimum number of pages to read each day. Then we each created a week long calendar and included things like Khan assignments, sports practices, church, etc. so students could see that on x day, they weren't going to be able to read as much that night, so they had to move their minutes around to accommodate.

LET ME TELL YOU!!!!! Even some of my highest of the high kids had ah-ha moments with this. AND it cut down on their stress.
JulieP is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net