ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Rock and a hard place
View Single Post

mrteacherguy

Rock and a hard place
Old 03-23-2018, 06:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My current district pays higher than pretty much any other district in the area, however, I am determined to get out of my current content area (science) and get back to teaching math. I'm waiting on the possibility of a position at a different school in my district that I interviewed for. At the moment though, they're the only school in need of a math teacher for next year (my district is closing down and/or relocating a couple of schools due to shrinking enrollment).

I've also received an offer from a district much closer to where we live (a five minute commute as opposed to a fifty minute commute), for an 8th grade math position. The downside, is that I would be making about $3,000 less, not including my school district's highly qualified bonus of another $3,000. I just need to let them know early this coming week whether I'm accepting the position.

In other words, I can take a for sure math position in a much closer district and lose out on about $6,000 next year, or - assuming I don't get the offer from the other school - sign my contract with my current district and pray that a math position opens up somewhere between now and August.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

mrteacherguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net