ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - The Best Part of Me
View Single Post

iTeach4joy

best part of me
Old 08-15-2018, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I love teaching with this book. We usually begin by reading 4 good poems from the book, and the question that students answer is what makes this poetry. We chart a list including things like comparisons, sense(imagery), purposeful repetition
description, meaning, theme, showing of feelings... Then we make another chart types of detail to include in poems that contains things like: why is body part important to you, what would life be like without it, describe it 6 ways, f you could talk to it what would you say, what would it say to you, likes, dislikes...Then students choose one part of there body and brainstorm, writing all the details they can thing of in a give time. Finally we look at poem examples one last time to notice how poems are organize: how did the writing create a sense of beginning, end, begin lines, achieve rhythm, order details.. Then student organize details into poem lines and group (usually one stanza). This is followed by peer editing and revision before posting. They make a great open house share.
iTeach4joy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net