ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - I have been moved to an incredibly competitive not so nice team
View Single Post
VAM

VAM

I have been moved to an incredibly competitive not so nice team
Old 09-18-2018, 02:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

They are always comparing their kidís data, their VAM and anything you can think of. And, of course, bragging about them. My VAM score this past year was not the best (based on state scores) but our data (growth scores) on the tests we take as diagnostics are really good. I know that at the end of the year (which is toooo far away) we will be getting a look at our grade level scores. One of my teammates does not want me on the team to begin with because of my scores, i am already feeling ďpressure to performĒ. Itís only been a couple of weeks since school started and they keep talking about how great their scores are, almost as if they are trying to rub it in my face. I donít know how Iím going to last the year with these people! I keep telling myself not to worry about it, that I know my kids learn and itís not always about the test. But itís hard when you have a team that constantly seems to make you feel bad.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net