ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Can an older teacher get hired? Should she want to?
View Single Post

SusanTeach

older teacher
Old 06-22-2019, 05:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Is there a reason you don't want to work at a private school again? I know the pressures there are way less than a public school. I know the pay isn't the same, nor the benefits, but it may be worth your sanity.

You're right that many teachers are overwhelmed nowadays. It really depends on the school as to whether there's more/less pressure. If you have a good team, it tends to help take some of the workload off since you share lessons, ideas, etc... If the school supplies a mentor, that also helps since you won't be familiar with the specifics to that school or public schools lately. Those are things to consider when you're interviewing.

You do have the benefit of having teaching experience, so that will take some of the "unknowns" away. I think that's partly what stresses out fresh, young teachers. They come from college with limited experiences.

There's no way to know unless you try it. If you get into it and it's just not for you, maybe you can go back to a private school the following year (although I wouldn't mention that at an interview. ).
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net