ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Improvement plan question
View Single Post

Hpylife

Improvement plan question
Old 09-08-2019, 07:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi all!
This is for those with experience regarding being put on an improvement plan. I preface this by saying my admin is wonderful and I have a great working relationship with them.. I was put on a plan last year. All four- yes four- of the admin that observed me said to look at this as help and not negative. So I did, I took the critical parts and took the information they gave me and have gotten positive feedback ever since but I remain on a plan.

Fast forward to now and I am getting extremely anxious working now and itís impacting my health. Iíve even had to go to therapy for how to deal with it. Iím constantly worried /anxious that Iíll be observed - they do random observations, and Iím worries/anxious that the improvement plan was just one step towards them getting rid of me. Iíve seriously contemplated quitting and the thought of that brings me peace. To me itís just not with the stress.

So, what do you guys think? Do you think improvement plans are really just a stepping stone to being asked to resign?

Hpylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net