ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Improvement plan question
View Single Post

Hpylife

Old 09-09-2019, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for the insight.. I was put on the plan for last year....continued to be employed, and am again working this year in the same school. I agree it seems strange to put someone on a plan if they just want to "help"....that said I am up for tenure this year. The plan involved steps to get off the plan, as well as some trainings that I needed to do...I have done those with flying colors. I'm supposed to get a final "review" after my first observation this year to see if my status of this plan is done//complete or not.

I have told them about the anxiety as well, and they are sympathetic, however they still need to do the observations but they did offer me contacts with our HR dept that has contacts for therapy/counseling to help . I don't really want to resign as of right now because that may not even be something they are thinking at this point so if I jump the gun then I'd be out of a job...my biggest reason for staying is because of the health benefits--they are spectacular and I'm worried I won't be able to get as good or even similar bene's elsewhere..

Thank you so much for the insight--it seems most agree that once you are on a plan it's just a matter of time before they ask you to go-
Hpylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net