Title Reading Night - ProTeacher Community

polarbear11

Title Reading Night
Old 11-23-2009, 02:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is my 2nd year in Title I Reading. I need help coming up with something interesting to do for our Title I "meeting". Last year I had an author come in and do a presentation and the kids got a book to take with them. Any help/suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. P.S. I was thinking about doing something along the lines of a pajama party...

polarbear11 is offline   Reply With Quote

LaVerne

Family fun in Title I night
Old 11-24-2009, 07:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our night has evolved since beginning 3 years ago but basically we do a center type of night and students and parents come in and get a 'card' with all the centers on them and rotate around to visit each one. We also included a picture center with our school mascot and a 'book walk' this year, which was a highlight. Our state library had a person speak to parents about homework help. Each year we have changed some centers.

I think next year we will do a RSVP because our turnout this year was down somewhat. PM me and I can give you more info.
LaVerne is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

Idea
Old 12-06-2009, 10:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You might want to piggyback with the NEA Read Across Ameria. They hook it to Dr. Seuss' birthday, March 2. http://www.nea.org/readacross/
It would be fun to have various Dr. Seuss stories read in rooms to kids in pajamas--readers in pjs, too. Parents might listen to one story and then visit a room for information on reading to/with your child and how to support them in developing literacy.

Our school does something similar also in December with holiday/winter stories and sharing dessert after.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

polarbear11

Old 01-27-2010, 12:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you so much for the ideas Broomrider... lots to think about and look up!

Last edited by polarbear11; 01-28-2010 at 10:08 AM..

polarbear11

Old 01-28-2010, 10:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you so much for your ideas LaVerne. I am new to ProTeacher and I'm not sure what PM means :O)
I would LOVE more info on what it is that you do. I love the mascot idea...we have a college in our county that has the same mascot and I'm thinking I can pull some strings.
So let me know how I can get more info from you b/c I am very interested!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!