Teacher Portfolio - ProTeacher Community

k106

Teacher Portfolio
Old 12-09-2011, 08:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Ok, so I just graduated with a bachelors in early childhood. I fee like I am totally unprepared to create my portfolio? What should I include.. lessons, assessments, parent communication? Any creative ideas?

k106 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tinkirbella

portfolio
Old 12-16-2011, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I am in the School of Edu & just starting my student teaching semester. What we have been told & will be working on this coming semester is our portfolio with teacher samples. According to USC Upstate - it should include anything related to your ADEPT portfolio...ei, Lesson plans, Unit plans, pre/post and any other assessments, professional development/certifications (Darkness to Light, Bloodborne Pathgeons, etc), and anything else that shows grow & development throughout your time in the classroom. Also have your environment plan, organization plan & classroom management plan in there. Yes, how you would communicate with the parents/volunteers should be in there.

Hope that helps, again this is from what our program is preparing us for...however it should help you out.

Good luck!!
Tinkirbella is offline   Reply With Quote

ElemenTchr

In my portfolio
Old 02-16-2012, 07:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I included different samples of lessons (i tried one from each subject) plus various lessons from the unit that I had to create. I also included letters of recommendation, an unofficial observation write-up that my co-op principal did. Since I had taught at a private school for a few years before getting hired with a public school I also included how I did behavior management in my class. Include pictures and examples whenever possible, remember not to show any students faces or names.

If you get really stuck google education portfolio ideas/examples.

Good luck!
ElemenTchr is offline   Reply With Quote