COMMON CORE LESSON PLANS for 4th grade- weekly - ProTeacher Community

Jerri3

COMMON CORE LESSON PLANS for 4th grade- weekly
Old 08-04-2012, 04:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

4th GRADE ELA....

Now that most of us are going to common core, does anyone have the first week of school lesson plans typed and ready?

If you are willing to share, I would LOVE to see a copy of your layout in the CC format. We haven't started back to school yet, but all teachers will have to turn in weekly lesson plans.

Thanks you!

Jerri3 is offline   Reply With Quote

roo

Old 08-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We are moving to Common Core, but I don't really understand what you mean by "CC format". While the standards I teach will be different, the format of my lesson plans will still look the same as always. Am I missing something?
roo is offline   Reply With Quote

mom23kids

not sure what you mean either
Old 08-04-2012, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The common core , if I'm not mistaken, is simply going deeper with higher level thinking and questioning. It digs deeper into what you are already doing and zooming in MORE on many things you've already done. Some of what you've taught in the past is eliminated but will be addressed in another grade. I don't know how anyone would share a weeks worth of lessons as we are not all doing the same thing. Do you mean you want to see it so you can do your lesson plans with this as a reference in mind.
My school is following TC units of study. However, it's really what we've been doing, but we are zooming in more deeply and for math we are doing envisions but we mixed up the topics and we added higher level type work to it.. differentiated word problems that require higher order thinking in order to solve.
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

tmar

4th Grade CC
Old 08-05-2012, 04:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I am attaching our scope and sequence. Maybe that will help you. It has the common core for math, writing,and reading, but our science and social studies is state-specific (Georgia). It's not plans, but it does show what we're teaching week to week.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Scope and Sequence 4th grade 2012-2013.pdf (198.0 KB, 701 views)
tmar is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Tmar
Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you for your posting. I am having trouble understanding the cc and this puts it into context

klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

jams

Old 08-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thanks for your post.
jams is offline   Reply With Quote

theclayton5

Old 08-08-2012, 10:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thank you so much for putting that out here for us to view!!! Do you by chance happen to have one (or access to one) for 5th grade? Some of my 5th grade teammates are SUPER jealous!
theclayton5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jerri3

Roo
Old 08-14-2012, 04:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

No, you aren't missing anything....I am! I am just trying to get a handle on covering the standards in common core. Everything about common core has become such a big deal in our district. My problem is I am departmentalized and my class time is only around 70 minutes to cover reading/la. Yet...we have been told that 4th grade should allot at least 120 minutes to ELA....non fiction and fiction. Really, it comes down to me wanting to know how much time everyone was dedicating to each subject....math?science?ss?gram mar?writing?.....on and on.....

I am not going to worry anymore. I will just do what I can do and hope (pray) for the best. Thanks!...and the Scope and Sequence chart posted below really helps.

Jerri3

Tmar....
Old 08-14-2012, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Thank you so much for this! It really does put things into perspective for me. I really appreciate you posting this!!!