behavior clip chart rewards - ProTeacher Community

birdbrain16

behavior clip chart rewards
Old 08-21-2012, 07:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi!-

(posted on 2nd. grade board too)

I'm moving to second grade after being on 4th. grade for a long time and I decided to use the clip chart system. I'm excited about it but was wondering how you reward the kiddies using this system.

In the past, they earned tickets for good behavior and it went into 5 different lottery bags. Each week, we selected a winner from each bag.

I'm concerned that for this age group (that will be sprinkled with some sp. ed. students) they'll have a hard time understanding that they all don't win a prize each week. I've even had some low 4th. grade students get really upset that they earned 10 tickets in a week but never got a prize. Theoretically, a child could go all year and never win the lottery.

so, does anyone have a really easy way to reward students? I do have a supply of prizes in our treasure box, but cannot reward with food items. Thoughts?

birdbrain16 is offline   Reply With Quote

tmar

Rewards
Old 08-22-2012, 02:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

If mine stay on green, they earn a jungle buck for the day. It's a green paper "dollar" I print off (yes, I'm making funny money - just wish I could really spend it") if they go up a level they get 2 jungle bucks, next level is the 2 jungle bucks plus an m&m from my jar and top level is a pride praise which is read over the intercom by the principal.And once they earn 10 jungle bucks they can go to my prize box.
tmar is offline   Reply With Quote