Help

First Grade

1st grade writing guide or mini lesson plan

>

skittles1108

1st grade writing guide or mini lesson plan
Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have any type of year long plan for teaching writing that they'd like to share? I feel like I really struggle to teach writing because it's so abstract and everyone is at different levels. If anyone has anything they could share I'd really appreciate it!

skittles1108 is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

writing
Old 09-17-2012, 10:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Check out First Grade Writers by Stephanie Parsons. It is based on Lucy Calkins' Units of Study. She shows everything from how to set up writers workshop to differentiating levels for students. It suggests what to do when throughout the year.
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote

NancyLee

Old 09-17-2012, 02:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Check out "No More I'm Done". by Jennifer Jacobson. PERFECT for first grade. You will love it. Tells you just how to set up your writing workshop and exactly the mini-lessons to give.
NancyLee is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

I like
Old 09-17-2012, 03:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Write Source materials. Here's their first grade book. http://www.greatsource.com/store/Pro...&frontOrBack=F

Also the writing book (title escapes me) by Linda Dorn et al.great for early writers.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

scarf_and_mit

Lots of Great Resources Available
Old 09-21-2012, 08:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I love No More I'm Done! You can preview the whole book online here: http://www.stenhouse.com/shop/pc/vie...idProduct=9196
This book is great for setting up your writer's workshop without being a crazy person. It also gives some really unique lessons to help your students' writing grow.

Another great resource is Month by Month Trait-Based Writing Instruction K-2. This will really help you get started and be able to focus on the crafts of writing.

This website also has several lessons. Click to go on to the second page, and click the 1st grade writing link. This will lead you to a basic plan for all year. If you click on each unit, it will give you details, including a link to download specific plans similar to the Common Core adaptations to Lucy Calkins' Units of Study. http://gomaisa-public.rubiconatlas.o...e/View/Default

scarf_and_mit is offline   Reply With Quote