Houghton Mifflin Think Central - ProTeacher Community

JenB2012

JenB2012

Houghton Mifflin Think Central
Old 09-11-2012, 07:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Not sure how many of you are using this but interested in your experience. We just purchased the Reading program including online resources. So far our experience with this company, tech support and customer service have been horrible. We set up all teacher accounts and class accounts however the resources were not showing (they set them to show on our HS account). It took over 11 days before they changed this over. This was after daily phone calls and emails. Our sales rep was useless (she must have collected her commission on the 30k sale).

So far our teacher have nothing but negative feelings towards this item. Has anyone else had better success?

CHenard

Think Central
Old 09-12-2012, 04:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It's definitely not that great. Customer service is a joke too so most people aren't using it in my school.
CHenard is offline   Reply With Quote

edistonian

Old 09-12-2012, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It's our first year using it, but we have had everything available for us to use at Think Central. The problem is knowing what to use and not to use. There is so much there.
edistonian is offline   Reply With Quote

mudbug

going on 5 years now
Old 09-12-2012, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We've had Storytown with the Think Central online tech and have NEVER been able to use the majority of it! It was supposed to be so wonderful and you could do your lesson plans on it, access the teacher's editions from home, and yada yada yada. Five years down the road it is useless. Sorry I don't have better news.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote

readerleader

thinkcentral
Old 09-13-2012, 03:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We have it for math and science. I find it very confusing, hard to navigate, and trying to assign things for the kids is very hard to do. We are supposed to use it in the classroom to project the text and use the interactive tools, but there are just too many problems with it. Unfortunately, I think we will have it for reading next year too as it is up for adoption.

readerleader is offline   Reply With Quote

JulieG04

Total ugh.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We have it for math and the initial setup was awful. I'm unimpressed after several years...textbook programs need amazon.com style ratings!
JulieG04 is offline   Reply With Quote

zebrafan

Old 09-15-2012, 05:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Our first year with HSP/HM math was terrible. There were so many errors. It has gotten better. I like that I can link the math practice book to my website, so students can print off their homework if they forget it. This is our 4th year, so it's getting easier, but there are still things I'm not sure of on Think Central.
zebrafan is offline   Reply With Quote

Irish

For the old series
Old 09-16-2012, 02:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

it was a joke. Nothing worth it. We have Harcourt SS and Science. They are HM companies too. They are hard to navigate and they have their own way of logging in which is different for SS and Science. Not really good. The rep said they are getting out the kinks. Really? You pay so much for texts they need do a better job.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Math K-5

Math K-5

Not Happy-Go Math
Old 02-17-2013, 04:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

We have been using Go Math for a year now and are very disappointed. There is little if any support for problems and questions. My teachers are having problems turning pages without having to go completely out and back in again. When I have contacted Tech support they tell me that we are the only people that this is happening to. I was wondering if this is true. Is anyone else out there having the same problem? We too are not able to use the entire program. It is very confusing.