Help

ESL/LEP

Online ACCESS Test

>

tyrex

Online ACCESS Test
Old 11-01-2015, 03:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Did anyone participate in field tests or start testing yet? We are switching over to it and needless to say I am worried about my students' typing skills and how they will handle speaking into a headset. On the other hand, I think the ability to see the speaking question in written form and hear a sample answer will help out some of my students. I have seen the online practices on the WIDA website, but am wondering if anyone has experienced it yet. I am also worndering if it will really be that much shorter to administer.

tyrex is offline   Reply With Quote

Jillthereader

ACCESS done
Old 04-07-2016, 08:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

In January, Colorado completed their ACCESS tests. Speaking went well but we also had the students practice before they took their tests. It was great that 1-3 did the writing in a book and not on the computer. 4th grade had to take it on the computer unless we pulled them off the computer and they wrote in a booklet. It really depends on your state allowing computer only or adding paper based testing if a student needs it. I did pull one student off for speaking and completed the speaker part as the examiner. But his IEP was written for this accomedation.
Jillthereader is offline   Reply With Quote