Help

Gifted Education

Claymation

>

fromkto3

Claymation
Old 03-27-2016, 08:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone attempted claymation with their class? I'm about to begin a quarter-long project with my 5th graders, and have done a lot of research, but am looking for advice from someone who has already been through the process.

TIA

fromkto3 is offline   Reply With Quote

yesteach

yes...
Old 04-07-2016, 07:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have done it on and off for several years with third and fourth graders - it got expensive buying clay all the time, so I've not done it in a while...

We use this software to create our animations.... http://www.tech4learning.com/frames/

I went to a professional development training and that what the software they were using, and it was so simple, I came back and asked my supervisor if we could order it.

Biggest issue we had - cameras! I finally told them I needed some to do this, so I now have six digital cameras for my class to use - but not having enough cameras makes it very frustrating. A short one or two minute animated video can take 400-500 photos it you want it to run smoothly.... so the photo taking is VERY time consuming, and just one or two cameras drags it out forEVER...
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote

fromkto3

Old 05-21-2016, 08:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you so much for responding! We ended up using the stop motion app on iPads. I have 6 from Donors Choose and borrowed a seventh from a coworker so my students are able to work in groups of three. It's working out pretty well. The biggest challenge is holding the iPad steady so the frames look fluid. It's a learning process, but the students and I are so pleased with how they are turning out so far!
fromkto3 is offline   Reply With Quote