Help

ESL/LEP

Unsure of next steps

>

JSPESLTeacher

Unsure of next steps
Old 08-10-2016, 04:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hey teacher friends. It has been a long time since I have written in to ask any of you questions. This has definitely been a hard last few months for me as I have once again been told that my teaching was not needed at both of my jobs. At the moment, I have an opportunity to teach in Massachusetts, two hours away from where I currently live and two hours from my significant other. It is most likely for a full-time position at a school which has been recorded as "Level 4." This is to say that unless the school improves, the state will take over the following year, and I will likely lose my job. There would be about 30 students in each of my classes which is more responsibility than I have ever taken on and to be honest scares the crap out of me. I am not sure what the pay is just yet because I have not been given a contract. I am not sure what to do... any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jake

JSPESLTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Bellapointe

Next Steps
Old 09-10-2016, 09:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You've probably already made a decision by now since it's September but, I would suggest that you take what you can get. If something else comes up, you could always leave and if you lose the job at the end of the year, at least it will have gotten you through another year. Something that's probably more important to consider than the school's status (I know level 4 sounds scary!) is the quality of support that the administration will offer you. I hope something has or will work out for you!
Bellapointe is offline   Reply With Quote