New Teachers

Praxis core advice

>

knew1

knew1

Praxis core advice
Old 11-18-2016, 08:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have posted this question a couple of times but gotten no response but I'm feeling desperate. I am scheduled to take the Praxis Core in a few days and am scared to death of tests. I have been using practice tests, but not doing well on the math. Is there a calculator to use? Is there one online to practice with? Any advice???

lv2read

How did you do on the Praxis?
Old 11-24-2016, 11:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have heard of the Praxis tests but in CA we have different test names. However, the tests we do have (CSET), we are able to take practice online tests . This was helpful for me because Math is not my strong subject matter either. Thankfully, I was able to pass if but I think I has to take it 2 times in order to pass. Regarding the calculator, when I took the test at the testing site, we were given a basic calculator. We could only use the one provided to us. I am not sure how they will do it where you are taking the test.

I also used a practice book, Math CSET, that provided problems that would be on the test. Basic formulas, geometry, algebra, etc. This was helpful to me. I bought the book used online (eBay or Half.com).

Take a deep breath when you take the test. Do a lot of self talk, give yourself words of encouragement, do the problems that you know how to solve first to build your confidence. Try not to spend more than 2 minutes on each problem.
lv2read is offline   Reply With Quote