Help

Intervention & Title I Services

Title I SLO

>

Eclectus3

Title I SLO
Old 11-22-2016, 07:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm new to Title I this year. Does anyone have any samples of SLOs they've used that they'd be willing to share?

Thank you!!

Eclectus3 is offline   Reply With Quote

rallsco

Slo
Old 11-27-2016, 10:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've narrowed the focus of the SLO to one grade level that I work with (in my case 1st grade, since I have the most time devoted there).

Here's the learning content:
Understand how English is written and read:
Reading Foundations 4A: Orally read grade appropriate texts with fluency (rate, accuracy, expression, appropriate phrasing) and comprehension
a. use context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding, rereading as necessary

Then here's baseline data:
Observation Survey (OS) text level will be used to assess student's current reading level at 90% accuracy or higher. The baseline score will be established during the first two weeks of school. (Some teachers use DRA or another assessment.)

This is the growth target:
18 first grade students were evaluated using the Observation Survey(OS) to identify those in need of Title 1 support. Students showing the greatest need were selected for Title 1, and divided among the three Title 1 teachers. As part of the OS, it was determined the level text at which each student read with at least 90% accuracy. This level was the baseline. In order to be on level as a first grade reader, students must be reading a level 18 text by the end of 1st grade. Reading a level 12 by February would put a student on track to attain this goal. Growth targets are based on this benchmark. To support students in meeting these goals, Title 1 provides small group and individual instruction in high frequency words, phonics, text reading, writing, and comprehension. The level material students are reading is continuously monitored and plotted along a trajectory needed to attain level 18 by the end of the year.

Hope some of this is helpful.
rallsco is offline   Reply With Quote