Help

High School

Teaching Healthy Relationships-HELP!

>

ChrisLit

Teaching Healthy Relationships-HELP!
Old 11-14-2016, 06:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Recently with my high schoolers there has been a surge of unhealthy behaviors involving boyfriends/girlfriends. I have witnessed and spoke to several students about controlling behaviors, but there hasn't been much improvement. Today a student was suspended for blocking his girlfriend in a room because she didn't want to finish an argument with him. What do you use for teaching healthy relationships? Do you have any activities, assemblies, reading material, videos, anything that could help?

ChrisLit is offline   Reply With Quote

Phillip65

Phillip65

Methods for Messy Stuff
Old 11-30-2016, 09:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Look into restorative practices. This gives some tools to address some of these touchy subjects without inserting yourself into the relationship directly. It becomes a discussion about 'relationships' and you can even make it a regular thing in response to what you are seeing, which at the least will allow students to process these experiences in a healthy way, and you don't have to be put into a position of authority figure making claims that they refute or oppose, nor will you end up being in-between some nasty business if/when political forces come into play.